Eight Facts About Me...
Oh, look what my new blog buddy, Mandy has awarded me with. This is one of those "tagging" things going around, and, as I've never been tagged with anything, I figured I better honor this one. Not to mention, I'm flattered Mandy chose me.
Since I've been tagged, I'm supposed to share eight things about myself with you. While I just updated me About Me page with lots of random facts about me, I thought for this I'd do even more random, possibly even embarrassing, little-known things about yours truly.
- I rarely sleep through the night. I usually can only sleep for a few hours at a time and I wake up remembering very disturbing dreams. I never have nice dreams. Only unsettling ones. Common themes include; cigarettes (never smoked in my life), teeth falling out, being late, being chased, not having privacy in the bathroom, not being able to open my eyes.
- I played the flute in school grades 6-11. I'm no prodigy, but I do have a natural talent for music (thanks, Mom) so I wasn't bad. Recently, I've been missing it and I'm planning on buying my own as soon as I can afford it to start playing again. (Specifically, I've always wanted to be able to play this song.)
- I've lived in Ottawa for 18 months and only recently took the bus all by myself for the first time. I've always walked everywhere. I lived in Thunder Bay for 8 months and never once took the bus there, either. (And Thunder Bay winters are no fun to walk around in.) The major reason was my social anxiety about being by myself in crowds, especially when I don't know what I'm doing. But, as with most things I'm scared of, once I did it, it was no big deal.
- I used to collect pictures of Paris Hilton. It started out ironic because I didn't like her, and then I grew to really love her. But collecting the pictures wasn't a creepy obsessive thing, it was more like a habit. I had an entire wall of my bedroom covered in pictures of her.
- I really regret cutting off all my hair! I miss it so much! Thinking about the next three years of awkward, unflattering hairstyles while it grows back makes me so depressed!
- I can quote nearly every line from Gilmore Girls. I've watched the entire series so many times that I can't even remember. I thought about starting a Gilmore Girls video series with my best friend Addie where we discuss Gilmore Girls because we are both experts.
- I'm very interested in religions. I was raised Christian, my dad was a Presbyterian minister. But I was never into it. When I was 13-15 I was really into Wicca. I still really like a lot of aspects of it, but I don't consider myself any religion. I have my beliefs, and I think it's fine that other people have beliefs and organized religions, I just wish they would keep it to themselves.
- I've never done any illegal drugs, and proud of it! I do drink alcohol, but I don't get drunk. I've only been truly drunk a couple times, and it's just embarrassing and not worth it.